Cam Women in Tech was founded by Jessica Leach and Catherine Breslin in January 2014.
We believe that a network to support Cambridge’s women in technology will help overcome some of the hurdles that women face in the workplace by
- fostering informal peer networks
- creating a friendly space to learn about technology
- cultivating mentoring relationships
- promoting inspiring senior role models
- boosting confidence during pregnancy, maternity leave and return to work
- helping keep abreast of new technology
Our goal is to run talks and workshops. Talks will focus on showcasing women in and around Cambridge who work in technical roles. Workshops will be aimed at those wanting to learn about different aspects of technology. Talks are open to all, but for men interested in workshops please send an email first outlining what you hope to learn and how you would like to support women in technology.
We understand that women often have childcare responsibilities that prevent them from attending events. We can’t always organise our events at family friendly times, but children and babies are welcome, unless otherwise specified.